Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

5 inch DIY mini QEE Qonk ver DC23



I just closed a deal with a client from the US. He basically asked me to do him a custom designer vinyl toy with a steam punk concept. Nope this is not the commission piece yet, this is actually my very first designer vinyl toy. I bought this 5 inch DIY QEE as a practice build before I tackle the commission. 

The client originally asked for a " munny " from kidrobot.com, however I was not able to find one thus we settled with the more expensive QEE. I finished this toy last night, just a quick build to learn how to work with vinyl.

I will be working with the bigger 8 inch QEE for the client, which means more paint and more details. This 5 inch toy was really fun to do as I simply focused on the painting only and just a bit of sanding to give the vinyl surface a tooth for the paint.

I painted this steam punk boy with vallejo paints... this is fully hand painted, thus the brush marks. hehehe. Anyways, here are a few more photos of this very fun quick build!










The photo below shows the 8 inch BearQEE that I will be doing for my client. The egg shaped 2.5 inch DIY QEE is for myself. :)


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you like my very first vinyl!? :)

4 comments:

Jomart_escobal said...

i dont why but, its kinda creepy XD

DC23 said...

THANKS! hehehehe

Unknown said...

wow im a sculpture too and i love this type of style how did you get into doing this with packing and sorts if you dont mind telling me :)

Unknown said...

wow im a sculpture too and i love this type of style how did you get into doing this with packing and sorts if you dont mind telling me :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS