Sunday, March 20, 2011

Turn A head WIP - initial painting & weathering


I managed to paint the base colors of the head yesterday and was also able to do the initial weathering. I painted this with Tamiya acrylics, added a one color paint chipping with a sponge, gave it a couple of enamel washes, applied some Tamiya weathering master colors and some Mungyo pastel streaks.

I do not have some oil paints for the spot washing and I also need a couple of citadels to actually finish this head. I managed to apply some sort of streaks ( the blue ones are very noticeable ) with my Mungyo pastels replicating the effects of spot washing somehow.

The Tamiya weathering master rust color is sticking out like a sore thumb, so I need to blend everything in with some Tamiya smoke post shading later. Another darker color of paint chipping, some spot washing with oil paints, and a bit of dry brushing on the internal parts would complete the weathering of this piece.

The photos shows a slight irritating sheen ( semi gloss ) finish to the kit thus it looks like unpainted plastic with weathering. I will be giving this a better flat finish before the final pastel work though. I have to put this aside now as I will resume work on the MG Zeta commish for the next couple of days. Updates on that build very soon. Anyways here are a few snapshots of the Turn A progress so far...











Thanks for dropping by! Til' next update! ;)



Post a Comment