Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, December 5, 2010

preliminary mods of my MG Zeta commish


The client likes updates, so while working with some panel line scribing I thought of getting a break and upload some preliminary mods that I have done so far. I will continue to work on the kit today and might be able to do some pla plating.

I made a slight booboo with the panel line on the chest ( kinda crooked ) thus I have to cover those with pla plates later. I removed areas on the chest and front skirt and will put internal details there later. I also added some panel lines on the legs and chopped the outer leg armor into two pieces.

I added the pistons on the waist and upper legs, not really sure if I could add more coz the upper arms are so thin already. I disabled the transformation gimmick of this kit to make it sturdier and give way for the piston mods. Articulation of the waist was not sacrificed with the addition of the pistons though.

Now here are a few photos of the preliminary mods done on the MG Zeta...










Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)



6 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Looking nice DC. I do have a question for you tho, not really concerning this build. I really dig the piston mods you added and I've seen it done before and have always been curious as to how one is to go about doing this. I know you're probably really busy with you models and life in general but i wanted to ask if you could make a tutorial some time in the future on how to effectively add piston mods. A few tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the wonderful work.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I see... but this is unchartered territory for me bro. First time I actually added pistons on a kit. I simply used some Kotobukiya piston option parts and cemented them in place. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

That's cool. I suppose I'll pick up some pistons soon and mess around with them.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehehe, yeap... they are just pseudo pistons though. Does not work like the pistons that came with the kit. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Eday is definitely, for me, one of the best when it comes to piston mods.. Looking forward to your plaplate mods... Your plaplate mods are one of the best for me

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Totally agree, piston mods are not my style, though the client wants some on his kit. Pla plating galore is my specialty. thanks! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS