Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Evangelion: You Are ( Not ) Alone figures


Ello guys, I was working with the leg armor parts and modding them to expose the internals after lunch today. But, as usual with exposing internal mods, I wounded myself with a fresh very sharp art knife!!! My left thumb has a nice 7mm wound now, thus I cannot do Gunpla further.

Anyways, I resorted to taking photos of my new Evangelion figures instead. I finished watching the first movie - Evangelion:1.0 You Are (Not) Alone and I am halfway with the second movie - Evangelion:2.0 You Can (Not) Advance. I am a new Evangelion fan!!! I plan to get a Bandai kit of at least one of the Evas soon! Maybe do it after my PG MKII commission build.

I have yet to get a Shinji figure and I plan to get the other characters in pilot suits also. Anyways, here are photos of Rei Ayanami ( white ),  Asuka Langley ( red ) and Kaworu Nagisa ( violet )...














Here is my simple photo set up... I just shot it outdoors under a shade and placed a couple of mirrors to reflect the ambient afternoon ( 4 pm ) light towards the figures...


Here are a couple of pics of my MKII leg armor parts before I wounded myself. :(



Thanks for dropping by! til' next post! XD

17 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Excellent photography bro! :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks bro! Just a couple of mirrors hihi, still learning a lot in Photography... it is still a hit or miss for me. XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Where were you able to watch the second installment of the Rebuild of Eva?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nice mods!! Looking forward to more updates!

btw, where did u find 2nd movie of Eva?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

An officemate gave us a copy of both the movies. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Thanks! I just got it from an officemate bro. ;)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

nice one DC! ;)

looking forward to your eva proj bro. im a big fan of eva back when i was still in high-school.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Yeap, will do one Eva kit after the PG MKII commission. thanks! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I also plan on making eva dioramas! i have both asuka and rei but looking for mari in a pink plugsuit!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Dios of the pilots? Looking forward to it bro! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Dios of the mechs that is... but simple dios of the pilots seems nice... I've got Misato Katsuragi too http://lagrange1.blogspot.com/2010/06/toycon-haul-1-eva-figures.html . Anyways, if school works wasn't in the way, I plan on making a dio of unit 2 as seen in the original tv series. I'm much more fond of asuka rather than baka shinji...

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Dios of the mechs. simple pilot dios sounds nice though... I also have a misato figure and mari posted on my blog... and planning a diorama of unit 2 as seen in the original tv series (if shchool work wasn't in the way...)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nice!!! I will create an Eva with a simple base only. hihi

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I wonder what unit?

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Me too... I like them all! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

just a tip, if the figures don't lean forward too much, try removing the pole thingys... looks better. I have mari in her pink plugsuit already! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Nice! hunting for Mari myself! XD

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS