Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Friday, June 25, 2010

Using C - clamps for Gunpla


My dad gave me these tools a few months back and I have 4 of these... this is not much of a tutorial but more of a tip or a tool instruction or something, but then again I think this could be helpful to a few new Gunpla modelers out there.

Basically these are miniature C - clamps, bigger clamps are used for wood works and metal works ( my dad has a metal / wood work shop - just his hobby though ). And this tool is really helpful, I have two main usage for this tool and make sure to grab a few of these coz it is really helpful.

USAGE 1

I use the C - clamps to fasten multiple layers ( usually 4 ) of pla plates from .3mm to 2mm thick. I do this to file and sand the sides and corners of the 4 pla plates, thus producing 4 pieces of pla plates with identical shapes. Thus, I only measure and cut 1 piece and trace it over the succeeding pieces then file the sides at the same time.




USAGE 2


Clamp those stubborn pla plates that are glued on curved surfaces that keeps on detaching itself. Best when your gluing  pla plates with .5mm or thicker to a curved surface. Of course let the cement cure before removing the clamps...thus you need at least 4 of this clamps if you mod your kits a lot.





thanks for dropping by! hope this is helpful. XD

2 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

this is gonna be one big Sazabi...! XD I like it !!!! Wuhooo !!!

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

yeap Vanz, it is. XD

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS