Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Simple Pla-Plating - Intermediate Tutorial

PART III : modding the hguc Zaku

Hello guys, this is part 3 of this build, part 1 would be the layout and the concept part, part 2 is the dio painting/tutorial part and part 3 will be the Zaku modding part. Yes, I decided I try my hand on modding a really small HGUC kit...wish me luck.hehe

I managed to sand off all the seamlines and sprue/cut marks yesterday, while finishing off with the sanding stage, I was thinking that I could just go for

(1) an unpainted kit and weather it with enamels and pastels,

(2) paint it with AB once I finished sanding and do it OOTB....

However after finishing and removing all the seamlines and the cut marks, I realized that the hardest most boring part of the build ( SANDING! ) is over, thus I figured heck why would I want to still do it ootb, so I decided to mod it further and do some of my usual pla plating stuffs....will mod this tonight after office.
Here are some pics showing that I removed the seamlines and sprue marks before pla plating...basic stuff...

Phew, boring task is over, I think I oversanded a corner in the body part....will fix that soon. Now, off to pla plating and simple mods to make it look like a DC23 kit.

UPDATE 11-25-09: pla plating and mono-eye mods...
Hello guys, I managed to squeeze a couple of hours today after office and did some mods...I basically gave the HGUC kit a real mono-eye with a piece of pla tube and rod...it looks ok...and also did some initial pla plating on the armor parts.Well, here are the pics of the mono eye mods...

This nifty thing is that the mono eye is still movable from left to right...


Now here are some pics of the body with the head with initial pla plating already...of course will pla plate this further...
Ok, that's all for now...I have to finish this soon...coz, I am getting lazier everyday...I want to work with the PG Zeta already...will definitely paint and finish this by weekend.

UPDATE 11-27-09 : more pla plating...
Hello guys, nothing much to tell, I managed to squeeze in an hour after work last night and added a few pla plates on the skirts, legs and shield parts...I hope to finish this by weekend, I have to start and work with the PG Zeta by December. Anyways, here are a few pics...
If you are used to my kits and style, you pretty much know that I am only halfway done with the pla plating and I will also add lots of holes throughout the kit...Actually this will be my first time to use my .2 and .3 mm drill bits, those bits are too small for MG work but is just perfect for HGUC.


UPDATE 11-29-09 : Further pla plating of the hguc Zaku...
Hello guys, I was only able to squeeze in a couple of hours today and further added a few really small pla plating on the hguc Zaku...My family and I went to my eldest ( 6 years old ) daughter's school to get her school card and I treated them lunch there...

Here is a couple of pictures of Nico's school card...

Nice grades ey! Anyways here are the photos of the huguc Zaku with more pla plating...I will clean up the glue marks later and add holes to finish this kit...hopefully I can squeeze in another couple of hours later after dinner, for me to be able to finish this...then If I do finish it tonight...It's going to be painting tomorrow.
The leg parts and the arm parts still needs further pla plating...but nothing much, basically just enough to stay consisitent with the torso and shield parts...
Hopefully I finish the pla plating tonight so that I can paint tomorrow and finish this project. If I ever do finish it tomorrow, I'll be working with the PG Zeta commision work right after.

UPDATE 11-30-09: Finished with the mods...
Hello Guys, not in the mood to do gunpla today but I managed to finish this, well actually I wanted to mod it some more but I want to start with the PG Zeta already. I have yet to wet sand this to clean up the glue marks and lip marks left by drilling... Anyways here are some pics...I have rotated this a million times, but the pics keeps on rotating like this...



Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS