Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, January 16, 2011

my first baked clay monster


No wonder my dad did not allow me to take up sculpture back in college. Kinda relieved that I took up advertising instead as you can see I kinda suck in sculpting clay! Me and my 3 kids played with a lump of " Terra Cota " earlier today. The clay was given to me by an officemate and I figured to try my hand in sculpting. My kids had fun though they only managed to do fish balls or clay balls.

I then baked this little alien / monster guy in the oven for an hour in 200 degrees centigrade. Not sure at all if I baked it with the proper settings. I will try to fix the cracks with Tamiya putty and sand this guy smooth. I plan a semi gloss frog looking skin for this guy and will show you the outcome... if successful.




Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)


6 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

what clay did u used?...

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Know that is real cool bro.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

The trademark "BLUERHGGHGH" look of Don <3

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

my officemate just gave it to me bro. :)

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hehehe... you are a true friend. lol

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

It's BELAT in Filipino. hehehe

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS