Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Thursday, April 21, 2011

1/48 Tamiya figures for a diorama project...


Tamiya_figures_photo

I just bought some 1/48 Tamiya WWII US Navy Pilot figures yesterday! I instantly fell in love with the package when I saw it. The 1/48 Tamiya set even has a small " tractor " and has a total of 8 figures! I loved the set so much I bought all the stock of the hobby store ( 4 boxes ).

I always wanted to build a huge Zaku diorama since I started Gunpla and since I saw master Foo's ( FichtenFoo ) Perfect Grade Zaku diorama back in 2008. FichtenFoo did his diorama way back 2004 and I hope he does not do another one soon as mine will surely look like a low resolution / inferior crappy version of his work.

No plans whatsoever as of now of finishing this project this year, as I have my face off with Kenny ( Toymaker  ) as my BMKWC entry already. But as I've said, I want a really huge Zaku diorama as the centerpiece of my collection and an OOTB weathered build of a 1/48 Zaku would be perfect for this project.

I want this to be my busiest diorama to date. I currently have 4 sets which means I have 32 figures to roam around the hangar diorama. But I will still look for other 1/48 figures that might compliment this set and I think I have to modify the other figures to make them look unique from each other. My " The Graveyard " diorama has 22 HO 1/87 scale figures and with 10 more, I think it will be easy to make it a lot busier than my old diorama.  

Also if the usual 50cm x 50cm x 50cm Bandai contest size limitation will hinder with the overall dimensions of this dio, I'd rather make it bigger and not submit it to that contest. Again I want it big, no contest not even BMKWC would limit me to 50cm if it does not look good in that size. 

Anyways here are the rest of the photos of the contents of the 1/48 Tamiya figure set...


Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo

Tamiya_figures_photo















Tamiya_figures_photo

Thanks for dropping by! Til' next post! :)

10 comments:

Jonas said...

The ground crew I can live with, but the USN pilots seem out of place, don't you think?

DC23 said...

Honestly do not know? I ma neither a hardcore Gundam fanboy nor a faithful military modeler. Should look great with 32 figures working on a Zaku. hehe

Tristan Bernardo said...

I think you can put putty on the head and shape it like a pilot helmet to make them look more modern.

DC23 said...

Great idea man! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Tristan Bernardo said...

No problem bro, I wanted to ask if the 1/48 Zaku is worth the peso? I'm torn between this and the Perfect Zeong.

DC23 said...

Get both! Both are very worth their price man! Just got to love HUGE Zeon kits! hehehe

Tristan Bernardo said...

That's good to hear and bad for my wallet!

gundamfan95 said...

can 1/35 scale be used for 1/48 gundam diorama?

DC23 said...

Your call bro, its not perfect of course but much like my 1/100 The Graveyard diorama, I used 1/87 figures for it. It's Sci Fi anyways... anything goes as there are no real robots! hehehe

DC23 said...

Buy the Zaku first bro, its so nice to see in your display cabinet! :)

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS