Search This Blog
LABELS
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
The Sazabi backpack and diorama...
... and yet I still have updates... hihi... I just finished painting the base color of the backpack earlier today and I also finished painting 8 1/72 figures for the diorama. I have glued the figures permanently already and have also weathered the dio further.
The photo on top shows my vain attempt to follow Kriz / Rmahza's suggestions to put some oil spills and rust effects on the main hangar floor. The surrounding snow are also dirtied up as I think melted snow ( water ) around the edges of the piles of snow will mix with the rust and dirt of the floor. The hangar is still in gloss coat though, but I will be putting the final semi-gloss / semi- matte topcoat once the Sazabi is in place.
The backpack on the other hand was painted with Bosny flat black last night even though it was raining. I then painted it today masking off the lower portion of the backpack. Thus it ended up in black and white.
I have also sprayed some smoke ( Tamiya smoke ) over the turbines of the backpack and have written a decal sort of thing... " White Shark ". I got the idea of placing this when one of our new members at ZeroGunz ( meslow69 ) suggested that it looks like a white shark.
I will be weathering the backpack of course and will weather it as much as the Quebley shoulders. The Q shoulders being the most unweathered part of the mech should blend well with the weathering of the backpack really soon.
I have also sprayed Tamiya smoke on selected parts of the MG Sazabi, mainly all the red vents and everything that has mesh on them ( rear skirt and the leg armors ). I also applied smoke on the gray forearm giving it more contrast. Actually overall, the kit looks a bit more contrasty and weathered due to the application of Tamiya smoke.
Anyways, here are a few photos of the backpack ( before weathering )...
My trustee 2 year old airbrush is almost done for this year... though I still have to finish my PG MKII before Christmas. I plan to get another gun by next year, basically just to imitate the Japanese modelers on youtube which has multiple guns while painting Gunpla. hihi, my wife will kill me for sure... :D
I will no longer update my WIP threads in all the forums as this is practically a non-sense post, so this will be my last WIP post regarding my Bandai World Cup 2010 entry. Next post will be the MG Sazabi on it's diorama... so stay tuned for my " The Gilgamesh project " soon! Thanks for all the support and thank you for dropping by! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED
As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel . Le...
TOP POSTS
-
Just finished my entry for the Ebasenet head display GB held at ZeroGunz. I chose to add a diorama / scene for the head as I originall...
-
Ello guys, my tutorial page has some damaged links yesterday and I was able to repair the links today. However I decided to give each tutori...
-
Just sending our second wave of invites to our dual forum Group Build! The Gundam Australia Forums and Mech Arts Community forums Beargguy...
-
I have finally completed my Starcraft diorama last night. I have finished painting the 1/30 Zerg Hydralisk more than a month ago and...
-
click to enlarge to 1600 x 1000 The concept behind the Gilgamesh project is simple... " The Gilgamesh Project " i...
-
photos from Gundam Guy I am still overly undecided for what to get for Christmas and eventually what to do for my Bandai Model Kit World Cu...
-
Hello guys, I have here a bunch of pictures of my MG Infinite Justice, this kit was the main part of my " The Graveyard " diorama...
-
This Group Build is now a collaboration between our friends from Gundam Australia Forums and our MAC forums !!! We thought as both forums...
-
I just finished painting the PG MKII diorama that was formerly the MG Sazabi diorama. This is as big as my The Graveyard dio as this was...
No comments:
Post a Comment