Ello guys, there is much fuzz about the new Bandai competition this year. The US has two companies claiming sponsorship and this was announced at Singapore also. Malaysia has yet to get an announcement I think and so is Indonesia and the Philippines.
MatX made a phone call yesterday to a Bankee official and inquired about the new contest. First of all Bankee is the sole and official distributor of Bandai products in the Philippines. Bankee co - sponsors and organizes such events in the Philippines.
Apparently, the World Cup is just a " renamed " Bakuc with a little tweaking in the rules and a couple of additional categories. There is now an OOTB category and a Group category. The ootb category I see as a replacement to the new challenger category of some sort or to anyone who loves the original design of the mechs and the group category sounds interesting!
We are having these discussions in the MAC forums these past few days... no serious discussions actually, me and mdgelo are just fooling around the discussion section and acting that we are at it again. hahaha... Like we say in the forums... May the biggest crotch win! XD
Anyways, the main question for me is the rule tweaking??? I mean, there are rumors that the Bakuc experts can now join the Pro category again, which means resetting the old rule of " 3 time top 3 winner in past Bankee competitions should be in the expert category and not allowed to join the Pro category ". And also the winner in the Pro category will represent their country in Tokyo, Japan and not Hong Kong.
Anyways, these are all rumors and unofficial news now, the only official news that we confirmed is that it is just practically a renamed Bakuc...We will check with Bankee for the official announcement soon.
So, hehehe... Just enjoy the hobby guys! XD
Search This Blog
LABELS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED
As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel . Le...
TOP POSTS
-
Ello guys, my tutorial page has some damaged links yesterday and I was able to repair the links today. However I decided to give each tutori...
-
click to enlarge to 1600 x 1000 The concept behind the Gilgamesh project is simple... " The Gilgamesh Project " i...
-
As always, I do not claim expertise in this hobby but I just want to share my steps on how I build my kits. I thought of this coz I get ...
-
Clown image from www.likecool.com Although I have been focused on promoting our forums and our members' contributions here in m...
-
I just finished painting the PG MKII diorama that was formerly the MG Sazabi diorama. This is as big as my The Graveyard dio as this was...
-
Just sending our second wave of invites to our dual forum Group Build! The Gundam Australia Forums and Mech Arts Community forums Beargguy...
-
Discarded my post yesterday, made a booboo with the topcoat and ended up with super glossy finish plus the indoor lighting added to the gl...
-
Just finished my entry for the Ebasenet head display GB held at ZeroGunz. I chose to add a diorama / scene for the head as I originall...

2 comments:
Looks like a part of Bandai's campaign to sweep everything under the same Bandai Model kit Worldcup title since I think they just started one in the US as well.
Yeah, they need to rename at back there, due to change of sponsorship and partner I think. ;)
Post a Comment