Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Sunday, April 28, 2013

V-Tech Aquafix quick review

I am currently working on a custom toy and a miniature Dwarf King and I am using a new cheaper brand of putty that worked really well.

I'ved used a lot of different brands of industrial grade putty for my hobby needs, although I still use hobby grade putty for more refined projects. In my humble opinion, Tamiya putty, Green Stuff and other hobby grade putty are best as they are smoother when cured and are all very manageable.

However for bigger projects like the BUTT of my custom The O, using hobby grade putty will cost you a bomb! I suggest you use industrial grade putty to get the general shape and cover it with hobby grade putty for a better finish and for better handling and sculpting.

I highly recommend the Selley's Aqua type putty as it is so far the smoothest industrial grade putty after curing. However Selley's is twice the price of other Aqua type putty brands.

Just got my hand on this new V-TECH AQUAFIX All Purpose Putty that looks so much like Selley's, handles like it and cures almost as smooth as Selley's for HALF the price! Needless to say, Selley's and this new V-Tech Aquafix is way better than the more popular Pioneer stuffs.









1 comment:

Unknown said...

How long is the working time before it dries?

If I may make a suggestion for the base, try using an actual piece of nicely textured pebble or rock, press it into the putty while it is still workable to give it realistic textures.

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS