Search This Blog

DC23 Clothing

DC23 Clothing
Find Us At Facebook

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tamiya Spray-Work compressor

Hello guys, I just want to share what I bought a couple of days ago...hopefully I can be more productive in gunpla with this tool/equipment...

I have been using a semi-large/ dog-sized air compressor with my AB...it looks something like this...



Actually this large comp is not mine, it's my dad's...I have been using it for a year now. It is a really good air comp, coz you can adjust the air pressure and I never encountered a watery hose ever. The problem with is is that the air presssure tends to go down in a while, thus you have to adjust your AB as the pressure goes down...The major problem is that I always tend to get lazy setting up this huge and heavy air comp with a very, very long hose... The hose is actually 30 feet long. Lastly, I could never paint at nights, coz it is as noisy as ten horses running inside your living room.



So, I decided to get myself a small quiet air compressor that would not hurt my wallet much. The Tamiya Spray-Work basic air compressor came witha single-action AB ( though I have a Tamiya dual-action AB already ) and it cost me exactly a $ 100 only. Though I had to buy a separate power supply that cost
$ 20...Not so bad, considering I got my Tamiya HG airbrush III last year for the exact same price ( $ 120 ).

I plan to still use my dad's huge compressor for heavy painting jobs like PG and a few MGs but for quick setups like weathering and hguc painting, I'll be using this small air compressor...I just bought the power supply today and I will use the setup tonight. wish me luck! : )









The comp came with an ugly single-action AB, an AB holder, 2 AB cups, and an ugly transluscent air hose...








The AB holder snaps on the sides of the compresoor... and can hold the plastic AB that came with the package and also my Tamiya HG III airbrush...





Now, here is the ugly air hose that came with the compressor...I replaced it with my mr. hobby spring hose, so it will look better...





Testfitting my HG III airbrush with the plastic cups, the huge cup ( 40 cc ) looks ok with the plastic airbrush, but looks really, really ugly with my Tamiya HG airbrush...




the smaller 17cc cup looks just fine...



Well, that's about it...I will test this tonight or tomorrow...

10 comments:

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I have the same basic air compressor, I decided to buy it because it is more portable. After I go to Canada, maybe I can switch to an air compressor like in the first image. BTW, where did you buy the Mr. Hobby hose? You are right, the basic compressor came with an ugly hose! LOL

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

I got the hose at special toy center at SM North... my basic compressor has broken down in its first use... You cannot and should never use it for more than an hour... as indicated in the manual. Dang! fragile but expensive thing! XD

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

Okay thanks DC! :) Will try and drop by some time at SM North.

Don Suratos ( DC23 ) said...

hah! I bought the plastic AB that came with this kit from DON! Since im still a newbie in AB, its better to practice with this. Thanks for selling me your AB don!

Ride_decade said...

sir, anu pong size ng nozzles ng AB mu, at anu pong pnag kaiba ng single action s dual action n AB?? i'm planning to buy kse eh nid tips hehehe...tnx po, anu pong size ng nozzles ng AB mu, at anu pong pnag kaiba ng single action s dual action n AB?? i'm planning to buy kse eh nid tips hehehe...tnx po

DC23 said...

 my AB has a .5mm nozzle I think. with dual action you can control the airflow... single action you can only control the paint flow. :)

Ride_decade said...

hehe nkita ko po ung ab nyo grabe po mahal pla nyan dko kya hehehe mg ccanvas po ako s raon sna mrn hehehe...tnx 

DC23 said...

 medyo mahal nga, nasa gumagamit naman yan bro... basta linisin mo lang parati. :)

masterjaw said...

Would you recommend that tamiya spray work kit for beginners or should we opt for a better compressor / airbrush combos? (e.g. kawasaki mini compressor + tamiya/badger SA airbrush)

DC23 said...

Nope I am not recommending Tamiya basic comp... mine broke down after 1 use. :(

Featured Post

Vallejo Mecha Color EXPLAINED

As usual, pardon for the selfies as I desperately try to get comfortable in front of the camera, for my new YouTube channel .  Le...

TOP POSTS